Gender equality and the compatibility of family and work are key functions for all institutions involved in the CRC, supported by sustainable policy measures. The CRC is committed to gender equality and family–friendly working conditions on all levels of employment and seeks to advance these central issues of concern. This includes measures aiming to increase the number of women in the sciences on all levels of qualification including senior posts, as well as creating family-friendly environments to ensure the compatibility of a scientific career and family life and responsibilities.
The following measures for the promotion of women and the reconciliation of scientific careers and family life are offered:
- Individual coaching for early-career women scientists
- Workshops on professional voice and speech training and other demand-oriented workshops for women researchers working on their doctoral thesis or postdoctoral dissertation
- Annual consultations on career planning and progress for all project members
- Customised solutions for child care during off-hours or in the context of meetings, conferences and workshops organized by the CRC
- Parent-child room located on the premises of the CRC
Contact person for questions regarding the equal opportunity program of the SFB 1265:
Dr. Nina Elsemann
Equal opportunity representative of the scientific staff:
Activities so far:
- 01.2020, 09.10.2021, 14.10.2020: Group coaching “Self-positioning and career planning”.
- 2020/21: Female Scientist Empowerment (individual online coaching).
- 05/06 November 2019
Group coaching for young female scientists
- July 10, 2019
“Fireside Evening (without fireplace)”: Internal meeting of the female scientists of the CRC 1265
- May 20/21, 2019
Individual coaching for female junior scientists II
- December 05/10, 2018
Individual coaching for junior female scientists I
- November 26/27, 2018
Voice and speech training for young female scientists